Tax Breaks/Special Plans
Active Duty Military/National Guard
Northern Arizona University is honoring military personnel and veterans by offering Department of Defense Tuition Assistance for active duty , reservists, and National Guard personnel. The tuition rate is $250 per credit hour for active duty military members, the National Guard and reserve forces personnel who qualify. Contact the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to confirm your eligibility.
The university also offers in-state tuition for honorably discharged military veterans who are intending to become Arizona residents. Simply submit your DD 214 (Member 4 copy), Arizona driver's license and voter registration to the Office of Military and Veteran Affairs to seek eligibility of in-state tuition.
For resources on income tax benefits associated with educational expenses see: http://home.nau.edu/bursar/tax_credit.asp
Worldwide University is a special tuition program for:
- non-Arizona residents
- with an out of state address
- enrolled only in electronically delivered courses
- fall and spring terms only
As a WWU student you will be charged 1.5 times in-state tuition and pay all fees except the Wellness Center fee.
If I qualify, how do I participate?
When enrolling in a class in LOUIE you can choose to go to the WWU Eligibility page. At the bottom of the 'View My Schedule', click on the 'WWU' link. At this page you can read the information on WWU eligibility, then click on the 'Check Eligibility' button. Your eligibility status will be displayed. If you are eligible, click on the 'Account Summary' link.
What types of exceptions are made?
- Students often meet all of the requirements but are required to enroll in one in-person class (independent study, thesis etc.) Enrollment in this one in-person class will exclude them from eligibility on the system. Exceptions are made for these students by term on a case-by-case basis, and can be handled by the Student Service Center. Call 1-(800)-426-8315, (928) 523-4212, or send us an email .
- Students participating in the WWU program who move to Arizona for work or personal reasons and take 7 or fewer units may be authorized by the president of NAU to maintain the WWU tuition rate until they have established residency. Exceptions are made by term on a case-by-case basis and can be handled by the Student Service Center. Call 1-(800)-426-8315, (928) 523-4212, or send us an email .
- QUESTIONS ABOUT WWU? Call 1-(800)-426-8315, (928) 523-4212 from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
The NAU Good Neighbor Policy is an Arizona Board of Regents approved amendment to the requirements for resident status. If you are a non-Arizona resident living in Nevada, Utah, California, or New Mexico (within 75 miles of the Arizona border), you are eligible to attend in-person classes at a statewide campus and pay resident tuition for up to 6 units. If you qualify for the Good Neighbor discount, but wish to take more than 6 units, you will be charged the regular non-resident rate for all units. However, if you enroll in more than 6 units of web classes only, you will be charged 1.5 times the resident rate for all hours in which you are enrolled.
Events & Deadlines
- 05/27 : MEMORIAL DAY - UNIVERSITY CLOSED
- 07/04 : INDEPENDENCE DAY- UNIVERSITY CLOSED
- 09/02 : LABOR DAY - UNIVERSITY CLOSED
- 11/11 : VETERANS DAY - UNIVERSITY CLOSED
- 11/28-11/29 : THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY - UNIVERSITY CLOSED (Begin)